ronelvtonder

Ronel's Random Rants

Ronel is a brand-spanking new indie author. She loves creating fantastical worlds set in the future, the mythical, and the horrific. Translate: She writes science-fiction, fantasy and horror novels.

Her life story is not particularly fascinating, but her love of technology, PC games and writing is. Beside writing, she spends her time slaying rendered baddies in the form of robots, gangsters and aliens - with any weapon that happens to be at hand.

Ronel has published her first science-fiction book, Compile:Quest. She's currently hard at work creating the second book in the Corrupted SUN Script trilogy. When she's not writing, she's gaming, and when she's not gaming she's either sleeping or eating, as these are prerequisites for a continued life on planet Earth.

Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey - E.L. James I read "Fifty Shades" to see what all the fuss was about.

I did finish the book, but considered leaving it quite a few times. Ultimately my curiosity go the better of me and I forced myself to finish it, hoping that there would be a fantastic ending or some plot twist I hadn't seen coming.

It was a disappointment. I don't know what the hype was about. Then again, this is not a genre I am fond of, so my opinion might be slightly biased.

I found the characters intriguing... For about a quarter of the book. Them everything just started repeating in an endless cycle of whining and complaining.

The ending was weak and left me feeling like I'd just wasted the hours I'd spent reading the book.